понедельник, 9 мая 2011 г.

online video resources


TeacherTube - http://teachertube.com/ science channel - Clouds experiment (http://www1.teachertube.com/viewVideo.php?video_id=228001&title=iScience___Clouds___Experiment) This video is interesting and I suppose it’s suitable for my learners (7th or 8thclass). Speaker Jeremy is a nice person, his speech is clear and understandable. At first he asks a question: is this fact or fool? To my mind it could intrigue my students and they would listen with interest. A speaker makes clouds experiment inside the bottle using only a bicycle pump. During this video students make notes about the process and then illustrate the process with drawings and after that describe what is happening in each drawing. No doubt my students would like not only to draw and tell about an experiment but also to try in reality. I giveScore 3 for this video.
BubbleJoy - http://www.bubblejoy.com/intro.php Unfortunately I didn’t find video greeting cards and couldn’t record message myself. First of all a person must sign in, creating username, password and entering his email to get free account. I am sure that not all my students have emails, webcams and it’s too complicated that’s why I think it’s not appropriate for my students . However the idea is good. (I can't give score to this video source because I couldn't do it myself. thoughtful )
ExpoTV - http://www.expotv.com/ I like the idea of evaluating and buying the products using webpage. There are really a lot of different products categories such as computers, electronics, food, sport equipments, clothes etc. Every student can find products which they like the best. They watch short videos of customers and make notes about products features. They can compare their answers (what products they chose and why) and then convince classmates to buy their products. In such way they develop listening and speaking skills. I give Score 3.

Picture of Inga Reinfelde
Re: Blue group task 1
by Inga Reinfelde - Monday, 9 May 2011, 09:39 PM
TeacherTube - http://teachertube.com/viewVideo.php?video_id=227215&title=Milk_Rainbow___Cool_Science_Experiment.I like this video very much,you don't have to listen,but you have to read and watch carefully.I think it is appropriate for my older students (6th class).There are 2 girls that shows this "Milk rainbow" experiment.To do this experiment you need-liquid soap,food coloring,Q Tips,a dish with milk.There are written instructions what and how to do.I think that would be exciting for my students no just to watch,but to try to do it themselves.They should then illustrate the process with drawings and then describe what is happening in each drawing.I like the music during the video.I give Score 3.

BubbleJoy - http://www.bubblejoy.com/intro.php
It was difficult for me to find video greeting cards.I opened this website and signed in,created username and password and entered my email.But I didn't know what to do next,that's why I can' evaluate this website.


ExpoTV - http://www.expotv.com/
It is very useful idea,when we have topic shopping at school.It's very popular in ourdays to use website in order to buy many things.And they are cheaper than in the shop.There are many different categories to choose the products and there is a possibility to compare the prices.Children try to find the best products for the money they have and to make notes of their best features.I give Score 3.
Monkey See at http://www.monkeysee.com/video/subcategory/6?subcategory=86 episode "Dissolving coins". Well, to my mind this task can be appropriate to pre-intermediate students as they could be interested in showing various tricks to their peers or even to young learners but in that case there could arise problem concerning understanding the language and presenting the trick in English. Speaking about pre-intermediate students there also could be some problems relating to lack of practise of showing the chosen trick, as it was said in tutorial, students should practise some time in front of the mirror, in order the trick looked naturally. What refers to my students, I'm not sure that they will take an active part in such type of exercise, so my score to it is 2.
Tokbox at http://www.tokbox.com To my mind, the tool itself is very useful and the only thing which you need to organise a conference is to register fo a free Tokbox account. I suppose it won't take too much time to register, but speaking about my teaching environment, some problems can appear exactly in computer lab, as one more essential device is needed for making a conference, it's a webcam. Unfortunately, but computers in my school are not equipped with webcams. Of course, it's possible to ask students to bring their own webcams for the lesson, but some of them may forget to do it and, as a result, the lesson will be failed. So my score to it is 2.
Wordia at http://www.wordia.com I suppose, this website is appropriate for intermediate to upper-intermediate students and I am really fascinated by the presentation of words here. I find it very useful because nowadays we teach our students how to define words using some other useful words or phrases and this site can be a good example of showing how to do it in appropriate way. I am practically sure that this site will be in the list of my favourites and I will try to use it in my teaching practise. The score to it is 4.
Big Thinkhttp://bigthink.com/topics  I have chosen a topic "Art&Culture" and a video "How wine can help your career?" I think this video is suitable for students from forms 11-12. This video is interesting but it is not easy. Students are interested in a career and sport. The title of the video is confused. What I mean is that the word "wine" is provocative because there are (it is not a secret) some students who use alcohol drinks. In my mind, a teacher has to be attentive in selection of a video .(Score3) Next stage is to make a summary and list some of students' opinion on the topic. For my students it could be a problem because they start using mother tongue not English during their discussion. They also have to watch and listen to the video several times in order to understand the content because I.Krush (chess champion) talks very fast.(Score 2) Last stage is a discussion on a topic in the classroom. Mostly, strong students might speak and weaker students do not speak at all or use mother tongue.(Score2).
Dotsub - http://dotsub.com/view/latest There I have found a video -documentary "Be a man". I think this task is suitable for my students. They can listen to the text of the video and translate it into Latvian.(Score 3)However, to do this task they have to understand  humor  of other nationalities , they have to know idioms. There might be misunderstanding of some jokes or phrases. Another difficulty is grammar structures students have to use. Students can compare their translations in small groups. But written text must be grammatically correct.(Score3) So a teacher has to check students' work before publishing their translation. I think this task is absolutely new for my students so they could be motivated in doing this activity.
Langolabhttp://langolab.com Unfortunately, I have not found any video there. May be later I will find it. The idea of the lesson in interesting.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий